What are dermal fillers?
Your good side just became both sides with dermal fillers that correct and perfect by enhancing all angles of your face with natural-looking results. Fillers are a great way to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face. As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. This means that facial muscles must work closer to the skin’s surface, so smile lines and crow’s feet become more apparent.
Thankfully, dermal fillers like Juvéderm® can help. Restore volume and recapture your youthful appearance with injectables for instant results!*
Am I a good candidate for fillers?
There are many different types of dermal fillers on the market, but not to worry, our highly trained providers will help you choose which product is right for you. Dermal fillers can be used to plump thin lips, enhance shallow contours, soften facial creases and wrinkles, and even improve the appearance of recessed scars. If any of these concerns sound like you, dermal fillers may be the perfect treatment.
What is Juvéderm®?
Juvéderm® is FDA-approved to help restore facial and lip volume, and smooth lines and wrinkles. The injection process is quick and with immediate results. Results can last up to 2 years. With the highest concentration of hyaluronic acid (HA) on the market currently, Juvéderm’s smooth gel formulations flow easily under the skin. They can reduce the appearance of facial folds and wrinkles by restoring lost volume in facial tissue.
There are several Juvéderm® products on the market, each designed to treat moderate to severe wrinkles that vary in depth:
- Juvéderm® Volbella XC – is a unique filler because of its’ VYCROSS™ technology, an innovative combination of low and high molecular weight hyaluronic acid (HA). HA is a natural, hydrating substance found in your skin. Volbella provides fullness to the lips and is long-lasting.*
- Juvéderm® Vollure XC – smooths moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth. Its effectiveness has been proven time and time again, delivering real results that last up to 1 year.*
- Juvéderm® Voluma XC – adds volume to correct age-related volume loss in the cheeks to help create a more youthful appearance.*
- Juvéderm® Ultra XC – this homogeneous (smooth) gel integrates naturally into the skin and is hydrophilic (meaning it pulls water in). It swells slightly after injection but is helpful around the mouth or in the temple.
- Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC – this highly concentrated hyaluronic acid filler is more concentrated than Ultra but can be used in the same area for more severe volume loss.
During your one-on-one consultation, we will determine what target areas to treat, learn about your medical history by asking important questions, and then develop a treatment plan with product recommendations that are personalized to your unique needs.
How do I decide if Juvéderm® is right for me?
For many individuals, Juvéderm® corrective treatments can last for up to 12 months, with specific products in the Juvéderm® family delivering real results for up to 18 months.* However, each patient is unique, and results may vary.
Juvéderm® products are suitable for all skin colors and skin types. Since the most prevalent ingredient is hyaluronic acid, a component that is naturally found within your body, Juvéderm® is a safe and effective dermal filler product when administered by a qualified provider.
Before and after photos
Request dermal fillers in Iowa City/Coralville
To find out how dermal fillers can help you, schedule a consultation at Radiance Medical Spa. At our practice in Coralville, our medical-based skin experts will create a custom treatment plan for you. We are excited to be able to offer this option to our clients who seek to refine and enhance their facial contours. Call (319) 383-1863 or request your consultation online.